About Suzanne's Quilt Shop
28 YEARS!!!! !
28 Reasons to Shop Suzanne’s Quilt Shop
Which are your top 10?
1. Large Spacious Store and Helpful Staff - Bring your quilting buddies and shop our 5000 square foot store. We like to assist you in finding just what you need.
2. Row by Row Experience participating store
3. Sewing and collections for charities
4. Charming Demo Days
5. Retreats for Fun, Fellowship, Food and Sewing - now three times a year
6. Classes - Speed up your quilting experience with proper instruction in our spacious classroom. We like to pamper our students.
7. Weekly Specials Online - Order online and we will ship to you or you can pick up at the store.
8. Handi Quilter - Come for a test drive on one of our long long arm quilting machines.Learn how you can finish your quilts in days and not years..
9. Strip Club
10. Birthday Club - 15% off your purchase the week of your birthday when you shop in stor
11. Block of the Month programs - Make a quilt on the installment plan.
12. Quilt Kits - Take the mystery out of choosing fabric. We have 100 quilt kits to choose from.
13. Huge Online Catalog and Worldwide Shipping for over 18 years at www.suzannesquilts.com Can’t make it to the shop? We can ship to you.
14. Stability & Experience - Suzanne has been the original owner of the shop since 1988, so she knows the quilting industry.
15. Selection -Whatever your taste in quilting fabric, we try to please. From batiks and florals to reproduction 1800’s, 1930’s and retro chic fabrics, Suzanne’s has it all. We purchase whole collections, so you can get what you need all in one place.
16. Suzanne’s Original Designs - Exclusive patterns designed by Suzanne and her staff that you won’t find anywhere else.
17. Saturday Sampler - Get 12 quilt blocks for $7.00
18. Shop Newsletter - Keep up with all the latest news! Pick up a copy in our store or download off our website.
19. Suz’s News - Our weekly e-mail features all the newest products and happenings at the shop.
20. Suzy Sayz - Our blog featuring stories and photos of quilters and events at the shop
21 Friday Finishers
22. Quilt Planning - Color selection and yardage calculation
23. Pinterest & Facebook - Join us on Pinterest & Facebook for the latest news, new arrivals and special deals.
24. Point of Sale System - We keep track of your purchases, so if you need more we can help you find it.
25. Customer Appreciation Event
26. Fan Day
27 Santa Stuff My Stocking
Suzanne's Quilt Shop opened in 1988 to provide quilting supplies and classes in Palm Beach County. Owner Suzanne Leimer, a home economics teacher, dreamed of one day owning a shop when she made her first quilt in 1983. The first shop was 1,100 square feet in the back corner of a shopping center. This year Suzanne is celebrating 20 years!!!!
Suzanne was the only employee, and students, family and friends helped make it a reality. Though hard to find, quilters sought her and supported her venture. In 1995 Suzanne's moved to its location on the main street of Royal Palm Beach. Suzanne wondered how long it would take to fill the 2,100 square feet, but soon the shop expanded fabric inventory and class offerings.
In 1998 Suzanne established a website, www.suzannesquilts.com More than 6,000 items are available to ship world-wide through her site, which is updated daily. Features include a key word search, design wall, wish list, shop newsletter and photos of events. Register online for our eNewsletter to learn of shop happenings, online specials and for the monthly free fabric drawing. Recently a blog, Suzy Sayz has been added. Suzanne's takes part in the Fab Shop Hop, and Patchwork Party, and Quilt Gallery Shops too.
Due to the popularity of quilting classes offered, in the summer of 2001 Suzanne's Quilt Shop added an additional 1,100 square feet of store and classroom space. The store enlarged to 3,300 square feet of space. With the new space the customers and staff had more opportunity to participate in group activities. Monthly clubs were featured for Thimbleberries, Thirties, Hand Applique and Saturday Sampler. Quilts were made by staff and customers for many charities, hurricanes and a presidential election.
In the summer of 2006 Suzanne decided to move the store to Moultrie, GA to be near family. Suzanne's supportive husband through the years wanted to retire from teaching school and be more involved in the quilt shop. As he as always done in the past, he is busy helping with the transformation of the new 5000 square foot store, while the staff sews new quilts for display. (Click here for a virtual photo tour of the shop!) The ribbon cutting was October 20, 2006. "We thank you for your support, and invite everyone to come up and enjoy our spacious new store," Suzanne said. (Click here for directions.)
"We just don't sell fabrics and gadgets," Suzanne says. "We are in the education business. We like to sew and quilt and want people to know correct techniques. We want our customers to have the best fabrics and tools available. With this knowledge projects will be easier to complete and will last many years. We also want to provide a friendly and fun atmosphere." (Click here to view class schedules.)
Suzanne's Quilt Shop doesn't sell sewing machines, opting to devote space and inventory dollars to fabric and supplies, and she carries only the best. Suzanne hand selects fabrics from top lines and seeks new designers. Batiks, 1930s, Thimbleberries, children's, plaids, novelties, florals, flannels and Christmas are popular as well as special designers Verna Mosquera, Jo Morton, Karen Montgomery, Darlene Zimmerman, Karen Snyder, Three Sisters, Dena, Judie Rothermel, Holly Holderman & Heather Bailey,
With Suzanne's participation in Quilt Gallery Shops and Patchwork Party a pattern company was launched in 2007 featuring quilt designs by Suzanne Leimer and Shirley Thomas. These patterns and kits are only sold through Suzanne's Quilt Shop
A Handi Quilter® dealership was added to Suzanne's in the Fall of 2007. Learn about long arm quilting and turn your tops in to quilts. Come by for a demo, take a Handi Quilter class, rent the machine or purchase on of your own. Now you can add computerized quilting with the HQ Pro-Stitcher™. The Handi Quilter machines the Sweet 16. Avante and Fusion are available for a test drive. Handi Quilter national educators teach at Suzanne's every year.
Suzanne's offers a full range of quilting classes, from traditional hand quilting to the latest machine techniques. Can't make it to a weekly class? Then come spend a weekend at one of Suzanne's Sewing Escapes in Norman Park, GA.where you will make lots of new friends and partake in Suzanne's mystery quilt project. Retreats are held 3 times a year (November, March and May) and fill up fast. Each month the shop overflows with 100 enthusiastic quilters who have signed up for the Second Saturday Sampler monthly demo. Attend every month, do your homework, and you receive kits for 12 quilt blocks for a total of just $7. The next series starts in February 2016.
The summer of 2013 brought more changes to Suzanne's Qult Shop. To better service our customers the shop was moved to a more modern free standing building out the the down town Moultrie area. The store celebrated its 25th Anniversary with a Grand Reopening Celebrations.
Click Here to View More Images and a Video
Thinking about a Georgia Vacation? Come discover all we have to offer in Moultrie! And of course, don't forget to visit our store!
Suzanne's Quilt Shop looks forward to being involved in many of the activities that the merchants of Downtown Moultrie host. www.downtownmoultrie.com Suzanne's is also a member of the Fabric Shop Network and the Colquitt County Chamber of Commerce. Y'all come see us in Moultrie, Georgia!!
See some of our Past Events: